Shopping, who doesn’t love it? Everyone loves to shop for their favorite items like clothes, books, gadgets, jewelry etc the list is unending. Shopping is not just buying articles but much more than that. Shopping can make people feel less stressed as they can distract themselves from thoughts that are bothering them. Hence sometimes shopping is also called Retail Therapy. Shopping not only help release stress but can also help to shed those extra calories easily.
1) Walking: Shopping needs a lot of walking from store to store, as looking for that perfect pair of shoes to go with your outfit. Walking is one of the simplest ways to burn calories while completing your tasks. Walking to shopping malls instead of going by car or walking from the car park to the mall can help to achieve your foot count for the day.
2) Stairs: Taking the stairs of the shopping mall instead of lifts and escalators can be another way to burn calories.
3) Shopping bags: Adding more weight to your body can burn more calories. Imagine carrying bags full of groceries in both hands while walking can tone the arms without any gym equipment.
4) Trying on clothes: Clothes trial needs stretching and bending, climbing up and down the clothes burning more and more calories with every trial. So the more clothes you try on the more calories you burn.
5) Standing in Queue: While paying for the purchases we have to stand in the queue for a long time. Standing can burn more calories compared to sitting. We can also stretch and flex our muscles while we wait for our turn to pay.
These are just some of the ways to burn some extra calories while completing the necessary tasks. But those who are looking for more comprehensive ways of weight loss techniques must consult the health care experts. There are many websites like Movomovo.com that has weight loss programs you might find interesting.